Air Canada is one of the most popular flights in Canada which operates to and from a number of domestic destinations located in Canada, some key cities in the USA and some key destinations in Europe like Venice, Athens, Dublin, Budapest etc.
If you are looking to travel within Canada or some of the destinations in the USA and Europe, then you can definitely consider flying by Air Canada. The airline has a very simple booking process, allows you to manage your bookings, has a very liberal baggage policy and a great customer support team which is available to assist the customers and make sure that they don’t face any problem.
Air Canada has always been appreciated by its travellers for providing one of a kind flying experience and making the travel time as comfortable as the time spent at home. The staff and crew of the airline is also well praised for being finely skilled and well mannered.
The airline keeps coming up with new policies and modifications in the existing policies to make everything more simple and easy to do for the customers.
If you have never travelled with Air Canada then this article will help in acquainting you with all the policies of this airline. We will be covering Air Canada booking process, Air Canada manage booking process, Air Canada Baggage policy, Air Canada customer support service etc.
Air Canada Booking Process
Booking a flight at Air Canada is not a hard nut to crack. You can book a flight online by going to the website or by downloading the mobile application, you can go to the nearest office and get your tickets booked or you also have the option to book your flight tickets by calling the Air Canada reservations number.
If you are desirous of booking a flight at Air Canada, then you have to go through the following steps to book through the website:
- Open the official website of the airline on any web browser on your device.
- Go to the book flights section on the homepage.
- You will be required to enter the details like number of passengers, date of departure, names of the departure and destination cities etc.
- After entering all the details, click on the continue button.
- The flight options will be displayed in front of you. You can browse through them and see whatever flight option suits you the best.
- After selecting the flight, you have to proceed to make the payment.
- Choose the payment method and complete the process.
- Your booking will be confirmed after completing the payment process.
- You will be receiving a confirmation email as well which will contain your flight tickets, booking confirmation number and other details of your travel itinerary.
Air Canada Booking Via Mobile App
You have the option to book your flight through the mobile application as well. Here are the steps you need to follow to book your flight through the mobile application of the airline:
- Download the mobile application on your device.
- Sign up or log in with your credentials.
- The home screen will open up.
- After this you have to go through the same steps which have been mentioned for booking flights through the website.
- After completion of the payment process, your booking will be confirmed and you will receive the confirmation email containing your tickets, booking reference number and other details of your travel itinerary.
Air Canada Reservations Phone Number
You can book your flight tickets by calling the Air Canada reservations number as well. Here is how you can do it:
- Dial the Air Canada reservations number.
- Follow the on call instructions.
- Your call will be directed to a customer support person.
- Talk to the customer support executive and let him know that you want to make a reservation.
- You will have to share the necessary details like name of the destination, date of travel, number of passengers etc.
- The customer support executive will do the needful and your booking will be confirmed.
- You will receive the tickets on your email address.
You can make your flight reservations by visiting the Air Canada’s office. Here is how you can do it:
- Visit the nearest office of Air Canada.
- Talk to a live person there and let him know that you want to make a reservation.
- You will be asked to share the necessary details like number of passengers, date of travel, destination city etc.
- After this the live person will make the reservation for you and your booking will be confirmed.
Sometimes it happens that after making the booking we fall into certain circumstances which compel us to alter our travel plans. If you also fall into such circumstances and need to change your travel plans then you can always do so with the managed booking option provided by the airline. Let us know about this option in detail.
Air Canada Manage Booking option
The Air Canada Manage Booking option allows travellers to modify their bookings easily and conveniently without falling into any hassle. Here are all the steps which you need to follow to manage booking at Air Canada:
- Visit the official website of the airline or download the app on your device.
- Find the booking option and click on it.
- You now have to enter the booking reference number and your last name in the spaces provided.
- Next, you have to click on the search option and choose the booking you wish to make modifications in like seat modification, change dates etc.
- In case you have changed your flight, and there is a difference in the fare of flights, then you will have to pay for the difference.
- Next, you will have to click on ‘Confirm change’ to submit your changes.
- After completion of this process you will receive a confirmation email on your registered email which will contain the details of the changes you have made.
Air Canada Name Change Policy
It sometimes happens that we have to alter our names because of certain circumstances. In such cases, Air Canada allows its passengers to change their names to certain characters. Remember that you are only allowed to change your name under some legal circumstances. Below-mentioned are the steps you need to follow to change your name:
- Firstly, visit the official website of the airline.
- Go to the manage booking section to make changes to your name.
- You will have to give your registration number and last name.
- Select the flight which you need to change.
- Change your name and save the changes made.
- Air Canada will confirm these changes by sending an email.
Upgrade your seat on Air Canada
If you want to upgrade your seat on Air Canada, then you can do so by going to the managed booking option. With the help of Air Canada manage booking option, you can make a very easy upgrade to business class or first class. Air Canada also allows people to select their seats beforehand without having to pay any charges.
Here are the steps to upgrade your seat on Air Canada:
- Log into the website with your ticket confirmation number and last name.
- You will find the booking confirmation number in your email.
- Go through your flight seat map, choose the seat and confirm your selection.
- If you face any trouble while upgrading or selecting your seat, then you can always reach out to the customer support team for help.
Travel classes in Air Canada
Air Canada provides three travel classes, Economy Class, Premium class and Business Class. Let us know about the facilities provided in each of these classes in detail:
• Economy Class facilities
- There is no personal entertainment system available in economy class but the travellers can stream on their personal devices like tabs, smartphones, laptops etc.
- The airline came up with an upgraded streaming entertainment system in 2021. Passengers in the economy class no longer need to use a dedicated app to stream content. They can now stream their favourite content available on a complimentary basis directly from their personal devices.
- Economy class provides advanced aircraft seating technology accompanied with headsets which can be adjusted as per your comfort.
- For more comfort, passengers have the option to book seats which have extra legroom.
- The airline came up with an upgrade in 2021, offering upgraded personal power options, which include USB-C ports and a personal electronic device holder integrated into the back of each seat.
• Premium Class facilities
- People who have booked themselves in Premium Class get priority check-in and boarding.
- People who have booked themselves in Premium Class also get extra baggage allowance.
- Also, on some flights, passengers get to relax in the Maple Leaf Lounge which is available at the airports.
- Passengers of the premium class are also offered complimentary bar and beverage service
- For flights of more than two hours, complimentary meals are provided and for the flights of shorter durations, snacks are served.
- Passengers of this travel class are provided a complimentary iPad on which they can stream their favourite content.
• Business Class facilities
- Seats of the Business Class are more spacious, providing more comfort to the passengers.
- The seats of business class also have more space to stretch, providing the passengers absolute comfort.
- Entertainment facilities are also provided so that the passengers remain entertained throughout the flight and don’t have a boring time in flight.
Wi-Fi on Air Canada Flights
Flying on Air Canada flights means having a delightful flying experience. To add more delight to its flying experience, the airline provides WiFi facility so that the flyers can do their office work, complete their college assignments, use social media and do other work with the help of smooth and uninterrupted access to the internet.
You can purchase the Wi-Fi facility beforehand or while you are on board. The price for one hour starts from $6.5 and the price of one way pass is $21.
Air Canada Baggage Policy
Air Canada has kept its baggage policy very liberal and generous so that the travellers can carry all that they want and all that they need without having to worry about the weight and size of the baggage.
However there is a limit which all the passengers must either to regarding the baggage because the aircraft can carry up to a certain weight limit. The carry-on and baggage policy have been mentioned below.
Air Canada Carry-on baggage policy
Irrespective of the destination, passengers are allowed to carry one standard piece of hand baggage plus one personal item. The dimensions of the carry-on baggage must not exceed 55 cm by 23 cm by 40 cm, including wheels and handlers, and must be light enough to be kept in the overhead bin without assistance. In case of a personal item, the dimensions must not exceed 33 cm by 16cm by 43cm and must fit under the seat in front of you.
Personal items include items like:
- Male or female purse
- Laptop bag
- Camera case
- Any portable electronic devices which are of similar size or are of smaller size to items which have been listed above.
Air Canada Checked baggage policy
The checked baggage allowance depends on a number of factors like fare type, route etc. If you want you can purchase additional bags as well.
Remember that if your bags are in excess or exceed the weight or size limit then you will have to pay extra charges depending on the excess weight and size of your bags. Also there is a certain weight limit after which the bags will not be accepted. So you need to make sure that your bags meet the weight limit so that they are not rejected at the airport.
Air Canada Customer Service
Air Canada has very good customer service. The customer support executives of this airline are always there to help people out with their queries and doubts. If you are stuck anywhere while making reservations, cancelling flights or managing your booking, then you can always reach out to the customer support team of the airline and get your issues resolved.
The table below shows you the means to get in touch with the Air Canada customer support team:
|Air Canada Toll Free Number||0008000401885|
|Alternative support number||0008000401885|
|Air Canada Reservations||0008000401885|
|For Hearing impaired members||1-800-361-5373|
|For Missing, Delayed or Damaged Baggage||1 888 689-BAGS (2247)|
|Group Travel Experts||1 866 529-2079|
|Facebook page link||https://m.facebook.com/aircanada|
|Twitter page link||https://twitter.com/aircanada|
|YouTube channel link||https://youtube.com/@aircanada|
|Instagram page link||https://instagram.com/aircanada|
|Head Office Address||Saint-Laurent, Quebec, Canada|
Ans. If you are planning to travel by Air Canada, then you need to have the following documents:
✈ Government-issued Identity proof
✈ One Valid passport that is updated
✈ One Valid Visa for those destinations that do require it
To learn about this in detail, you can visit the travel documents page on the official website of the airline.
Ans. For the passengers who are travelling through Air Canada, early-bird check-ins are very important. Passengers are required to check-in within 24 hours to 12 hours before the scheduled departure time of the flight. Online check-in closes 45 minutes before the departure time of the flight in case of flights within Canada and 60 minutes before the departure time of the flight in case of flights between Canada and other countries. The same rules apply to airport kiosks.
Ans. If the flight gets delayed, then Air Canada will let you know about the delay with the phone number you provided. To compensate for the inconvenience you had to go through, the airline will also rebook you to the earliest flight.
Ans. Travellers are allowed to upgrade their seats after booking their flights. Here is the process travellers need to follow, to upgrade their seats:
✈ Log into the website with your ticket confirmation number and last name.
✈ You will find the booking confirmation number in your email.
✈ Go through your flight seat map, choose the seat and confirm your selection.
✈ If you face any trouble while upgrading or selecting your seat, then contact the customer support team for help.
Ans. You can make the Air Canada reservations online through the official website as well as the mobile application. To make reservations through the website, you have to go through the following steps:
✈ Open the official website of the airline.
✈ Go to the book flights section on the homepage.
✈ Enter the details like number of passengers, date of departure, names of the
departure and destination cities etc.
✈ After entering all the details, click on the continue button.
✈ You can browse through the flight options and see whatever flight option suits you the best.
✈ After selecting the flight, you have to proceed to make the payment and complete the process.
✈ Your booking will be confirmed after completing the payment process. You’ll receive the confirmation email.
The procedure remains the same in case of apps as well.
Ans. Direct flight is any flight between two places which bears a single flight number, but it might include one or more stops where customers are not required to change planes.
In case of connecting flights, the Customers travelling are required to change from one plane or airline to another at an intermediate point, which is known as the connecting point, en route to their destination.
Ans. It is not required that you can use your points to book flights only for yourself. You can use your points to book flight tickets for your friends or family members as well, even if you are not travelling with them.
Ans. Aeroplan Family Sharing and transferring points are two very different things. Aeroplan Family Sharing allows family members to combine their points, without being charged any transfer fees, and make redemptions from the shared balance at no additional charges. You can learn more about Aeroplan Family Sharing on the website.
If you want to transfer your points to another Aeroplan Member, you can do so at any time but you will be charged a fee for doing this. If you are part of a family sharing pool, then the transfer will come from the total pool balance and not from your individual account.
Ans. If you want to leave a family sharing pool, then you will have to contact the Aeroplan Contact Centre by phone so that you can be removed. The Family Lead can also call on behalf of a Family Member to request the removal. Keep in mind that you must stay in the pool for at least three months before you leave. The pool will end if all members leave or all of them are removed.
Ans. According to the carry-on baggage policy of Air Canada, the dimensions of the carry-on baggage must not exceed 55 cm by 23 cm by 40 cm, including wheels and handlers, and must be light enough to be kept in the overhead bin without assistance. In the case of personal items, the dimensions must not exceed 33 cm by 16cm by 43cm and must fit under the seat in front of you.
Ans. If you book yourself in Air Canada, then you will be getting the following facilities:
Seats are more spacious, providing more comfort to the passengers.
The seats also have more space to stretch, providing the passengers absolute comfort.
Entertainment facilities are also provided so that the passengers remain entertained throughout the flight and don’t have a boring time in flight.
Ans. Charges for the advance seat selection depend on the seat type. In case of business class, advance seat selection is complimentary ie. no charges are taken for making a seat selection in advance.
In the case of Economy Class, the charges for advance seat selection vary depending on various factors like seat type, destination, and flight segment.
Ans. You can use the gift certificate towards any Air Canada Vacations product that is sold on aircanadavacations.com, except for car rentals. The eligible products include:
Flight & Hotel vacation packages
✈ Cruise & Flight packages
✈ Cruise-only bookings
✈ Travel protection plan
✈ Hotel bookings
Remember that gift certificates cannot be used towards the following:
Booking a flight with Air Canada
✈ Any other flight-related expenses, like seat selection, seat upgrades, baggage fees, and on-board purchases
✈ Car rentals
✈ Travel insurance
Ans. If you need some sort of assistance during your flight then you can talk to the Air Canada representative who will be there to help you. To know how you can contact the representative, you can go through the Air Canada Vacations binder or bulletin board.
You also have the option to call a customer care agent on the following numbers:
From most Sun destinations: 1 800 296-3408
Costa Rica: 0 800 015-0382
Mexico: 001 800 514-3408
At any other destination that does not support toll-free numbers: +1 514-876-7392 (charges may apply)
The business hours are:
Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET
Saturday & Sunday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET
Ans. If you want to be eligible to take advantage of the group travel feature, then you need to form a group of at least 10 people which also includes children of more than 2 years of age and book at least 3 hotel rooms. There is no maximum limit for a group size.
Ans. Booking a multi-city itinerary is very easy. You just have to follow the below mentioned steps:
✈ Go to the homepage of Air Canada
✈ Click on the “Flights” tab of the vacation search tool
✈ Select the option “Multi-cities”
✈ Enter all the required details about your multi-city itinerary
✈ Click on Submit
✈ On the Results page, you will be able to add the flights with which you want to travel to your cart.
✈ In case you need to add a hotel in both cities or book an activity to your reservation, then you will get the chance to do so once you are in the shopping cart.
✈ When you’ve added all the components you have to click the “Checkout” button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete your booking with Air Canada Vacations.
Ans. Multi-city itineraries are not provided by the Air Canada Airlines between the following destinations:
✈ between Sun and European destinations
✈ between Sun destinations
✈ between European destinations
✈ between destinations in Asia and the South Pacific
Ans. When you complete the booking process, the confirmation number will appear on the final screen. The same number will also be indicated in the confirmation email which is sent to you after completion of the booking process.
Ans. Passengers can check-in online from 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight. Online check-in closes 45 minutes prior to the departure for flights within Canada and 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure for flights between Canada and other countries.
Ans. Air Canada provides a wide range of services catering to the needs of passengers who are in need of special assistance, including those travelling with mobility, auditory, and visual impairments. Here you need to keep in mind that the airline has to be informed at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure if any special assistance is needed.